Ambrosia Times - The Cythera Files
This is a partial archive of Ambrosia Software's Ambrosia Times web publication. The articles backed up here were selected largely because of their Cythera-related content. These should represent all Ambrosia Times material referencing Cythera.
- Nov 95 - Interview with Matt Burch - I admit this interview with Matt Burch, creator of Escape Velocity, isn't connected to Cythera, but I couldn't help highlighting it since he's from the University of Kansas, my alma mater!
- Jan 97 - What's New - This short overview of what's going on at Ambrosia briefly discusses Delver.
- Mar 97 - Interview with Glenn Andreas - Before discussing anything about Cythera in their newsletter, Ambrosia gave customers a short introduction to Glenn Andreas, creator of Delver and Cythera, through an interview. This interview probably gives us more of a personal look at Glenn Andreas' life than anything else that's been published regarding Cythera.
- Mar 97 - Delver Preview - An article discussing the capabilities and plans of the Delver engine, including revealing Cythera screenshots. This is the first look we have of Cythera, and it shows how some of the graphics have changed. Notably the lead character goes from a contemporary jeans & tshirt look to a more Cythera-like shirt & tunic appearance.
- Nov 97 - The Interface of Cythera - Building on Delver, Cythera had several advances operations for Mac games of the time. By this point, the game looks pretty much identical to what we see in the final release. This suggests the next two years were primarily devoted to finishing up the scenario and fixing bugs in Delver and Cythera.
- Mar 98 - Cythera Beta 1 Pics - Screenshots from the first Cythera beta, but nothing has changed dramatically beyond the text used to display books and scrolls on-screen.
- May 98 - Cythera Beta 3 Pics - Screenshots from the third beta of Cythera. From this point, there's really no notable changes in any of the Cythera screenshots going forward, although some do appear semi-regularly in the "Sneak Snapz" portion of the newsletters.
- Jul 98 - Sneak Snapz - Images of upcoming Ambrosia games, including Cythera
- Sep 98 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- Nov 98 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- Jan 99 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- Mar 99 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- May 99 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- Jul 99 - Sneak Snapz - More Sneak Snapz images
- Sep 99 - Cythera Release Announcement - This is the official announcement for the release of Cythera in September of 1999. It is the last time Cythera is mentioned in the Ambrosia Times.